Sunday, May 11, 2014

Peace Making

PP Divine Nature #6 & #7

Matthew 5:9:  Blessed are the Peacmakers, for they shall be called the children of God.

I'm really grateful for these two experiences in personal progress.  For almost 2 weeks now I've tried to keep my mind and my heart on being a Peacemaker...why is it so hard?? Why am I so... not peacemakery?  I think part of it is selfishness.  I think I long to have my way, to be validated, to be taken care of... so when someone behaves or makes a choice contrary to my need to be appreciated or helped out, I find it hard to let it go, be peace maker, forgive, and ask for what I need.

Maybe it's the nature of being a mother.  I feel like I have to be the boss, which seems contrary to peace making.  But over the past two weeks, while I'm sooo far from even improving an ounce, I think I can fathom that being the boss, the mom, the disciplinarian, can also mean being a peace maker.

Here are some other divine qualities I've found in my scripture study that  I'd LOVE to acquire someday... somehow:

Peacemaking
Love
joy
longsuffering
gentleness
goodness
faith
meekness
temperance
humility
forbearing one another
forgiving one another
charity
peace of God rule in your hearts
wisodm
teaching
gratitude

0 comments:

Post a Comment