Sunday, October 30, 2011

remembering...

Well, I wasn't great keeping up with recording how I am striving to remember my Savior each day for two weeks!! I went of vacation and it all went out the door.  Here is to second chances:

Friday Oct 28th:  attended Trunk or Treat and contributed soup!  I really IS important to be involved in church activities!

Saturday Oct 29th:  Prepared YW lesson on 'loving yourself and others.'  I spent several hours on the preparation because it really hit home with me.  I felt so close to the Savior as I learned, again, that to love yourself means to know WHO YOU ARE.  And that is a Child of God!

Sunday Oct 30th:  Conducted family home evening on "the Holy Ghost" just in time for Halloween.  I realized it was the first time I've talked to Olive about the Holy Ghost.  How do you teach a three year old about the holy ghost?  We felt the spirit. She really listened.  It's such a miracle to watch little ones take in new concepts!  I'm so grateful for the Holy Ghost to testify of truth, to guide me to do the right things, and to watch over and protect my family.  He testifies to me that Jesus IS the Christ!

Well... that makes a weeks worth.  Lets see if I can be more consistent this week!  I want to think of his EXAMPLE in the way I conduct myself in my home this week, and then focus on his atonement when I don't conduct myself very well.  This week is keep my temper week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment