Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Taking His Name Upon Me...

Doing some personal progress again here!  The Diving Nature Experience 4 wants us to memorize the sacrament prayer and then do something each day to be "willing to take upon them the name of thy son, and always remember Him.."  I'm so grateful for this challenge.  It reminds me of the reason I started this blog with Elder Eyring's example of recognizing the hand of the Savior in our lives each day.

Here's a few things that have helped me remember my Savior this week, helped me grow, and hopefully take His name upon me:

Sunday:  I was asked to sing in church.  It's been a while and a first in this ward.  I feel like people know I'm from New York, I'm an actor, and in my head, I'm SURE they're expecting me to be spectacular. I started fretting because, well, it's tough to be spectacular.  But I quickly realized my head was in the WRONG place.  There were no expectations but to bare my testimony through song, which was my favorite way to do it.  I felt the spirit as I sang.  Heavenly Father heard my prayers to forget myself and helped me feel the spirit of the song.  It was "Abide With Me" and I felt that he DID abide with me as I sang.  I'm so grateful I was able to feel the spirit and take his name upon me, instead just do a performance.  (there was also a great talk about pride... obviously I needed that too!)


Monday:  I had a wonderful spiritual experience/humbling experience as I was running on monday.  I decided  to share it on blog HERE.

Tuesday:  Olive had her first "dance recital"!  I felt like a real MOM!  I know these are the joys spoken of in The Family: The Proclamation to the Word.  I was so grateful to be a mom when I watched her whirl and twirl!

Wednesday:  I've made a new resolution to, once again, be better and meaningful scripture study!  PP helps!! as usual.  I'm excited to report daily on how I'm striving to remember my Savior every day!  I also memorized the sacrament prayer for the bread!  Can't believe I've never done that before.  It's amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment