Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Missionary "erk"...

Tuesday April 20, 2010

This Sunday is a "Come and See" Sunday, which means to invite your friends to an investigator friendly meeting. I've had some names in mind, which I almost hate... you know if you thought about who you could invite and NO ONE came in mind, then you'd be off the hook! Right?

Well I finally got up the courage to deliver two invites to my neighbors tonight. Olive came with me and it was kind of neat. A week ago for Family Home Evening we talked about being a "good friend" and learned about one way to do that is to bring your friends to church. So I reminded her about how we are good friends by inviting our friends to church and asked if she wanted to come with me to invite our friends. She said yes (probably because I said we were going somewhere) and we said a little prayer for the spirit to be with us and went off. That was probably the coolest part really. Olive held the invitations and it was pretty uneventful, yet great. They were both gracious and gave a sure-fast "we'll have to see"... But I hope they come. And if not this time, maybe something in the future.

I grew today. I don't have many missionary opportunities anymore because I have so many member friends. But our neighbors are really great... and after all.. they did come into my mind!

I'm grateful Heavenly Father cares about all of His children enough to ask us to stretch ourselves, not even that much, and make an invitation so that He might open the doors to the happiness we feel and enjoy everyday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment