Thursday, December 15, 2011

give a little, get alot...

This morning I read some scriptures about tithing.  I've always paid my tithing and luckily never had a hard time with it.  No ill feelings about giving 10% away, even if times were tough.  I feel blessed to have had that taught to me early on so that I could immediately start receiving blessings!  We've had some miraculous blessing concerning money and other things that we've thought maybe attributed to paying tithing.  I wanted to record a few here so we can always remember:

When we first got married and moved to NYC we were moving all by ourselves.  Every single place we went we found a parking spot right in front of our building where we could load and/or unload.  That NEVER happens, especially not in the space of 1 or 2 days.  And we had to move out of 2-3 place into our new apartment!

When we did move into our new apartment, we found a $50 on the ground!  So blessed!

We've never been the "starving newly weds".  Ever.  Sure I complain about not being able to shop like I used to (when I was single) but we've been blessed to always have employment, and not just employment, but GREAT employment.  We were able to kick our marriage off fully supporting ourselves! (except for that pesky cell phone bill huh dad?  You can just hold on to that one ey?).

I remember working (putting Jord through school, before he worked) and doing the finances. I was always able to happily write my check for tithing.  Then a clear thought from the spirit hit me.
"you must pay your taxes with the same promptness and importance as your tithing!"  It hit me in the middle of the work day just sitting at my desk. I took it to heart and ever since then (we've always been self employed) we immediately pay our tithing and put our tax money into savings with the same promptness!  Oh how I'm grateful I recieved that inspiration early on as well.  Those taxes can really add up and I don't know what we would have done when it came time to pay and we were short.  I have a testimony of obeying the laws of the land (even though they are dumb!) and being blessed.  Our minds and souls have been at ease knowing all of our bases were covered.

Jordan was blessed to find APX (now Vivint.) to work for.  He was able to work only through the summer and support us all year.  Which made it possible for him to not work during school, and for me to quit my job and have some kids!

We've been so blessed in many ways.  I know that by paying our tithing we have been blessed more than we know.  It's kind of like insurance... it's just a layer of promised blessings as we constantly obey that awesome law!

I say these things, in the name of Jesus Christ
~amen

PP Faith #7

0 comments:

Post a Comment