Friday, December 16, 2011

Give Diligence...

As I read in 2 Peter today, he says at the end of the first chapter that the things he is teaching is not a fable or a story, but he was an EYEWITNESS!  He, Peter, heard with his own ears the voice of God say "This is my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased" as the Savior lay on the cross.  Can you imagine?  Sometimes I forget that the scriptures are written by real people... and real people who KNEW and WITNESSED the Savior on earth!  I'm reading a book right now written by a real person, talking about real things.  I've been finding it SOOO interesting, and truthfully, I take this author at his word because he's seen it all.  Why am I not so impressed EVERY SINGLE TIME I read the scriptures!  These authors are of God and have seen and witnessed miracles.  I think we can take them at their word:)

I read about divine nature.  It's a phrase we throw out there a lot, especially in YW, but as we've been memorizing The Family: A Proclamation to the World I realized what it actually means.  It's the qualities Heavenly Father has given us, the purpose he has given us, and the things we should strive to live up to and to obtain.

I made a list in my study today of MY divine nature:
Gender (it's part of my divine nature to be female and all that comes with it!)
To multiply and replenish the earth (hopefully not singlehandedly) 
be a wife- a loving and caring one
be a mother- to nurture, teach the gospel
to be in a family unit
to have...
godliness
faith
virtue
knowledge
temperance
patience
brotherly kindness
charity

What a list, huh?  Imagine if we could live up to all of these things?  That picture is what God hopes and expects, and has given us the tools, to become!!

Peter says in 2 Peter 1:10 to "give diligence and make your calling an election sure...if you do these things ye shall never fall.."

You shall NEVER FALL!?  What a promise.  But we must be diligence in harvesting our own divine nature!!!

(Divine Nature #1)

0 comments:

Post a Comment